Yes we do legal aid in criminal matters and we can help you with your application. We pride our selves in providing a first class service to those who might be struggling financially when legal crisis strikes.
To get legal aid you need two things;
- To pass a means test – the general rule is if you’re unemployed or on low income you should qualify but there are exceptions.
- The matter has to be one where there is a real risk of imprisonment. For instance drink driving cases don’t get legal aid.
You will need to;
- Fill out a legal aid form found here.
- Provide bank statements for the last two months.
- If you’re in a commited relationship, bank statements from your partner in the last two months.
- Provide an income statement from centrelink. (you can get these printed out at any of their offices or online)
- If you’re working you will need to provide wage slips for the last 4 weeks.
- If self employed your last tax return and your last profit and loss statement.
If you don’t think you qualify for legal aid;
- Our first interview is free.
- We are happy to give initial advice – let us help you by looking at all available options.
- We can assist in many cases by coming up with a payment plan by instalment.